The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Blog aggregating and real-time posting from other blogs on other sites. (5 posts)

1. panterrasbox
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi. Newbie here. I am not sure exactly which is the correct word associated with my needs, but it is probably any of feed, aggregate, or import. Anyway, here goes.

------------------------------------------------------
    How do you set up MU WP to auto import blog posts from specific blogs on other sites into specific corresponding WordPress blog user accounts on a different [multiple user account] site?
    ------------------------------------------------------

I am trying to figure out how to do this for a new site we are planning. We want to create a site presenting blogs from experts on a particular subject. Of course we would prefer those blogs to reside on our own Multiple User installation of WordPress...

But we realize, practically-speaking, that some of these experts will already have their own blogs and won't want to start another one with us. But, if they grant us permission to republish their existing blog posts, we want to be able to propagate them over to our site automatically - specifically into a corresponding WordPress user account for each blogger so that they are represented as unique blog posts on our site ("unique" meaning individual, and not necessarily original or exclusive in the blog universe). And, as a unique blog, though imported from another blog source, each post can then be categorized and commented upon as any native blog post could.

How is this done? (thanks in advance!)

2. gostevego
    Posted 15 years ago #

oh man. this is exactly what we are looking for.

big ole bump!

3. johnhiler
    Posted 15 years ago #

Have you guys checked out wp-o-matic?
    http://devthought.com/wp-o-matic-the-wordpress-rss-agreggator/

It turns RSS feeds into blog posts in real time... I haven't tried it in WP MU, but I've used it on WordPress and it's a solid plugin!

4. gostevego
    Posted 15 years ago #

haha no way! thats awesome. thanks so very much!

5. 1stAngel
    Posted 15 years ago #

I use Feedpress in my MU and its brilliant.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by panterrasbox
  • Latest reply from 1stAngel