The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Modified Kubrick - trouble with h1 color (3 posts)

1. gr33nman
    Posted 16 years ago #

Greetings:

The blog is here:
    http://blog.greenman.us
    The css is here:
    http://blog.greenman.us/wp-content/themes/greenthorn/style.css.txt

I've been adapting kubrick as a first try at playing with themes. I've tried everything, but the color of the blogstill shows up as #1F3F1F - a lovely dark green which exists nowhere in my premature theme source code and nowhere in the style.css. Unfortuately, I want it to be #FC3 - schoolbus orange-yellow. I thought my css was correct. Obviously, it is not!

The most reasonable place to look is line 121:
    h1, h1 a, h1 a:hover, h1 a:visited, #headerimg .description {
    text-decoration: none;
    color: #FC3;
    }

It's late, and I'm probably missing something terribly obvious. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Chris

2. ayao
    Posted 16 years ago #

Mm, you have some CSS in your head tags, which overrides the color set in your stylesheet:

#headerimg h1 a, #headerimg h1 a:visited, #headerimg .description { color: #1F3F1F; }

Not sure what is inserting that CSS, though. Good luck finding out!

3. gr33nman
    Posted 16 years ago #

ayao,

Thanks for your help. I was able to deduce from what you showed me that the line in my head tags was being installed by a function. I checked "functions.php" in my themes folder and realized all but the first ten lines could be deleted, since my theme makes no use of kubrick's php image rendering or the administrative interface for editing it. The database on my site still has the color picked from the kubrick theme when I as playing with the default. Hence it just picked it up from the database. Since I don't need it, was able to remove over 400 lines of superfluous code and now have the correct color showing up on my page.

Sweet! Again thanks.

Chris

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by gr33nman
  • Latest reply from gr33nman