The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Wrong filenames (6 posts)

1. boetter
    Posted 18 years ago #

I have tried following all the responses to the questions in the "upload" tagged posts in this forum, but none of it seems to have worked for me. Also a lot of the answers seem pretty old (suggests changing things in the .htaccess that doesn't exist in my build) and so on.

You can see an example blog at http://sussi.pusleblog.dk/ - the image is dead because there's something wrong with the rewrite. The files are up on the FTP, I can see them there. What do I do?

2. itdamager
    Posted 18 years ago #

If you are using vhosts, try my wpmu htaccess files.

3. boetter
    Posted 18 years ago #

I have just set up WPMU by going through the installation dialogue, I haven't made anything special myself. Would I know if I am running on vhosts? If so, how? Sorry about being a newbie, hope it's ok - I am right now just testing, will hire some of you to do the real job for me if we chose to go with WPMU.

4. boetter
    Posted 18 years ago #

So there's not much help here? Very hard to see why none of you are interested in getting paid jobs, oh well might have to find another tool. Merry christmas anyway.

5. blips
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hi Boetter
    Remember some people have a life too, its just before christmas you know and last minute shoppings has to be done tonight.
    You have to read itdamagers website and try some of those solutions.
    I Installed WPMU several times (see also http://megaweblog.com )
    send your proposal to blips<AT>usadutch.com
    Merry Christmas.

6. itdamager
    Posted 18 years ago #

boetter, if you were using vhosts you would certainly know it due to the technical requirements to get it running. Since you are most likely not running vhosts, you'll have to try some of the other htaccess fixes offered in older posts on this forum. It's basically a matter of correcting the rules in htaccess.

I'll get a job tomorrow mom.

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by boetter
  • Latest reply from itdamager