The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

plugin development (8 posts)

1. adrianghe
    Posted 16 years ago #

Can anyone tell me the standard to writing mu-plugins?

2. podcastnyc
    Posted 16 years ago #

The standard should be very similar or even the same as writing for standard WordPress. Don't know if you've looked at the following link yet but I'm sure it will be helpful.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Writing_a_Plugin

3. adrianghe
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks for the reply.
    I have read the documentation for writing a plugin for wordpress but couldn't find anything for wpmu and was wondering if anything is different, or if there are a few important differences.
    There probably aren't any or somebody would've written something about it till now :)

4. Trent
    Posted 16 years ago #

The functions should be almost identical with the only real obvious difference being that plugins can be activated by individual blog admins if you place the plugin in the "plugins" folder and the plugin is auto-activated for everyone if you place your plugin in the "mu-plugins" folder. Plugins in that folder as well need the main php plugin file in the root and not a directory.

Trent

5. fengxinsu
    Posted 16 years ago #

I also find your related issues!

6. MrBrian
    Posted 16 years ago #

There are some additional functions with WPMU and those are documented, but currently there isn't any documentation or standard for WPMU plugin development. There are differences between WPMU and WP that make many WP plugins not work unless modified, simply because of the difference in structure between the two.

7. xenlab
    Posted 15 years ago #

What are those differences?

8. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by adrianghe
  • Latest reply from cafespain