The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Visual Editor is gone, except for main blog (7 posts)

1. kmanrox
    Posted 16 years ago #

I've seen the threads about ppl's vised's gone' missing, but none specifically like what I've encountered..

My main MU admin's blog, the vis-ed works fine... but when i go to one of my subsequently created 'user' blogs (under the same admin account/login), the vis-ed is missing... i see a Code view only and no way to switch to visual..

Any help would be appreciated

2. SebastianCrump
    Posted 15 years ago #

This seems to be my problem too - any solutions?

Main MU blog fine, but on other blogs no Visual editor. Looking around other posts I have tried:
    *unchecking and rechecking the Visual editor dashboard preference to rule out that issue
    *force-refreshing to rule out cache issue
    *checked the DB user metadata table and rich_editing true is there and only once
    *deleted all plug-ins

The same is true for other users who don't have site-wide admin access, i.e. they don't get vis-ed on their blogs.

I'm using FF3. (Strangely IE6 vis-ed seems to show for all blogs!? but don't really want to downgrade my main browser)

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Disable all your plugins & check again.

4. SebastianCrump
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks for your quick response. As I said I have already deleted all the plugins, so no cause there...

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Check your error logs.

6. SebastianCrump
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks, for some reason the theme's functions.php had a space before the <?php

7. techguru74
    Posted 15 years ago #

I had a similar issue and it turned out that it was caused by the "Illacrimo Widget Ready" theme I was using. Changing it to just the "Illacrimo" theme restored the Visual Editor functionality.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by kmanrox
  • Latest reply from techguru74