The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

New User Registration w/ WP_User_Moderation Plug-in Not Working (7 posts)

1. mbeazley
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm running:
    WPMU 1.5.1.
    Plug-ins (Akismet & WP-user-moderation-0.5).
    'Allow New Registrations' set to - 'Enabled for users only. Only user account can be created'.
    'Privacy' set to - 'I would like my blog to be visible only to registered subscribers of this blog'.

First let me say nice work on the new version. Much improved!

Here's my issue:

I want admin to be able to approve new user registrations before they can access the site. I've installed the WP-user-moderation-0.5 plug-in to add this functionality.

According to the directions for the plug-in from the website: http://www.dealsway.net/2007/09/04/wp-user-moderation/

When this Plugin is enabled, whenever user register for a account following happens.

1. This plugin blocks the confirmation mail to user till the account creation is approved by the Admin.

2. It gives the following message “Thanks for Registering & You will receive an email once your account is approved!” to user who tries to register at your site.

3. When account is enabled, mail will be send to the user with account details.

After installation I've registered a new user with:
    username - test
    email - a working email address

After logging in as admin I find 2 additions to my admin menu:

1. When I access 'Users' (to the right of the 'Plugins' button) there is a new menu option to the right of 'Your Profile' called 'Pending Registrations'. The page indicates 'No Pending Requests at this time for Approval...'.
    2. Under 'Settings' there is a new menu button to the right of the others called 'WPusermoderation'. It allows for configuration of the plug-in. (Nice set-up if I can get it working).

According to the plug-in instructions

'Test' received an email with a password. He should have to await approval. Admin also receives notification of the registration. The username/password combo works.

I'd appreciate any ideas or experience anyone can share.

Thanks!

2. mbeazley
    Posted 15 years ago #

Bump.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

try this instead:
    http://wpmututorials.com/hacks/how-to-moderate-signups/

It's a light hack, but it sends hte activation email to the site admin instead of the user.

4. mbeazley
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks so much! I'll give it a go.

5. mbeazley
    Posted 15 years ago #

Followed these directions to the 't' but had no success. Newest code is different enough from that mentioned in the instructions that someone like me with limited understanding of the code could not successfully adapt it.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Haven't had time to look at it with the newest code, sorry.

7. mbeazley
    Posted 15 years ago #

No worries. If you do, I'll definitely be interested. I'll look at it myself but I'd need a bit of guidance.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by mbeazley
  • Latest reply from mbeazley