The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Possible to reactivate a deactivated blog? (9 posts)

1. carnold
    Posted 15 years ago #

In an attempt to fix my problem, found here http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=8320,
    i deactivated the blog in hopes i could reactivate the same blog. But that does not appear to be an option. What i was trying to do was "rebuild" the blog in question. Is there anyway to "reactivate" a deactivated blog?

2. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

Manually through the database would work.

3. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

I must be misunderstanding something here. I see a "Activate" link associated with a deactivated blog when I'm looking at the Site Admin -> Blogs page.

A quick test shows that it works fine.

4. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

I was thinking of "user has elected to delete".

5. carnold
    Posted 15 years ago #

Sorry, i could have sworn i clicked away from that page and then clicked back and still saw "deactivate" and not "activate" but now, i see activate. My problem still exists as far as not being able to see my blog. If i need to backup just my blog info in the DB, is that possible?

6. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thru phpmyadmin? Yeah. Just select that blog's tables in the export area.

7. carnold
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well, now all blogs are broke :)
    I backed up the muwp files and copied new muwp files into webroot and try to re-install.....Blank pages on all blogs now. Even tried a new DB, same problem. Where to go from here?

Admin area of blogs work but not the blogs. LOL, this is crazy but the main blog now works but no others. Get this on other blogs:
    No WPMU site defined on this host. If you are the owner of this site, please check Debugging WPMU for further assistance

8. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

No WPMU site defined on this host.

A problem with a site_id, the wp_sites table, and mixed domains can cause that.

9. BondageRadio
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi again carnold:

is that site still giving you headaches?

If you still have issues either with the forum plugin or with wpmu, you know you can still get a hold of me.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by carnold
  • Latest reply from BondageRadio