The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

1.5.1 Upgrade - GOOD WORK! - Pages Bug? - Dashboard Question (15 posts)

1. bschwarting
    Posted 15 years ago #

1st let me say thanks to the WPMU team for an excellent upgrade! Looks awesome!

I was a little scared since this was my 1st upgrade. My web host actually has a super solid backup process with my VPS, so that eased my anxiety.

I went from version 1.3 to 1.5.1

(Question #1)
    After the upgrade, all my pages now show up on the main page. They are still setup the same way as before, with a parent page. Even with the parent page, they all show up in the widget instead the few that don't have a parent page. Is this a bug or new functionality?

(Question #2)
    I see that the dashboard now pulls it's initial config from wp-admin/includes/dashboard.php How do I get all of my existing blogs to get this same config? Ideally I want a globally controlled dashboard with RSS feeds of my choosing. Is this possible? Can i modify the dashboard.php and re-run the Site Admin/Upgrade Site to push the new dashboard.php settings?

Thanks in advance for reading and responding!

2. binh
    Posted 15 years ago #

A4Q#1: It's normal. It should be the theme that display all page up to 3 levels or more.

A4Q#2: Sorry I don't know :)

3. bschwarting
    Posted 15 years ago #

binh,

thanks for the response!

(Q#1) my theme didn't act like this before the upgrade though. only thing that has changed are the core files.

4. mark-k
    Posted 15 years ago #

bschwarting,

Q1 is hard to answer without knowing what powers your main page (theme, plugins...)

Q2 the answer is yes, and no upgrade will be required. You do not have to change the core file, just write a plugin and place it in the muplugins dir, the plugin should remove the current "boxes" with a call to unregister_sidebar_widget and register new ones.

5. bschwarting
    Posted 15 years ago #

aren't the basics of WP pages that if you don't want it to show up on your main page, change the parent page? then it won't show up on the main page, correct?

6. suleiman
    Posted 15 years ago #

I thought the "pages-to-posts" bug was just that, a bug.

7. enseignement
    Posted 15 years ago #

Q2 : Did someone already write this plugin ?

8. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

so this pages-to-posts bug is still there and unsolved? I still have to do an upgrade from 1.3 to the actual version...

9. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

The pages-to-posts was a spotty bug. :-/ Hasn't happened to everyone.

10. bschwarting
    Posted 15 years ago #

andrea_r,

is this what happened to me then? pages-to-posts bug? if so, can you post a link to the place where you answered this, and how to fix. i looked through your past posts and couldn't find it.

11. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

It has only happened to me so far on a *single* WP install, but has happened to thers on an MU install. the fix was to go digging in the db and manually change the pages from posts back to a page.

12. bschwarting
    Posted 15 years ago #

but mine still show up under pages, does that exclude me from this bug?

13. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yep.

14. bschwarting
    Posted 15 years ago #

poopy, so what next?

15. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"After the upgrade, all my pages now show up on the main page. They are still setup the same way as before, with a parent page. Even with the parent page, they all show up in the widget instead the few that don't have a parent page. Is this a bug or new functionality?"

Your best bet is to trawl the regular forums (just READ) and see if anyone else had the same issue, and if so, how it was fixed. But don't post there and say you're on MU, becasue they'll send you back here.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by bschwarting
  • Latest reply from andrea_r