The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Wordpress Vs Wordpress MU Code (6 posts)

1. levi.putna
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hey,
    I know that Wordpress and Wordpress MU share 99% of the same code. I was just wondering is there a list/breakdown of the code differences?

I know it is a bit of a big task and may not be possible, I have been looking at creating a wordpress plugin that allows a normal version of wordpress to handle multiple accounts. This would allow my mu site to always have the latest version of wordpress.

Thanks Levi

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

nope, no list published anywhere.

but! Take the wordpress files, find the latest version of MU to match, and then do a diff between them.

That'll highlight 'em all.

3. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

I would suggest reading the Is Mu Right For Me sticky as the plugin already exists I believe. It should be linked to in there.

4. levi.putna
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have the latest version of both wordpress and wordpress mu and have compared them with WinMerge, it appears that the current version of wordpress mu is not up-to-date with the current version of wordpress. There are many differences that don’t relate to mu functionality. Anyone know what version of wordpress wordpress mu has as its core?

5. shmooth
    Posted 15 years ago #

@levi: i'm assuming the 1.5 RC1 version of WordPressMU is very close to the latest prod version of regular WordPress.

But I might be confused.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

The number of MU after thew 1 match up with the version numbers of WP.

So - WPMU version 1.5.1 matches up with WP 2.5.1.

And there will be differences that don't look like they are related to MU-functionality, but are needed anyway.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by levi.putna
  • Latest reply from andrea_r