The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

adding admin pages in 1.5 (6 posts)

1. zappoman
    Posted 15 years ago #

I am having trouble with plugins that worked prior to 1.5 that attempt to add admin submenus and pages.

These plugins follow the steps here:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Adding_Administration_Menus

Yet they don't seem to render the admin pages correctly in the 1.5.1 code base.

Any suggestions?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Do the menu items show up fine, or is it just the page content that's messed up?

3. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

Which plugins? Are they WPMU plugins? I'm looking for something similar to your description.

4. zappoman
    Posted 15 years ago #

Here is the behavior...

1) These are mu-plugins.
    2) If I take the sample code from the codex, and drop it into mu-plugins, I see this behavior. If I take other plugins listed as being compatible with WP2.5 and drop them into mu-plugins I see this behavior.

Behavior:

1) Menu items show up properly. Top level menu items, or sub menus.

2) When you select the menu item you get different behavior. In some plugin cases it works (not very often). But for most plugins it does not work. The sample code from the codec does not work.

3) Behavior Profile 1: The page header and footer areas of the admin page renders but the main content area is blank. This happens in the case of the sample code from the codex.

4) Behavior Profile 2: Some plugins will report an error about cannot load plugin and it displays the plugin file name. This happens in the case of the sample code in the codex for the "top level menu" example. But I also see this happen to other plugins on their sub menu pages.

Some debugging so far...

It looks to me like the pagehookname is getting formed differently between when the menu is rendered and when the page is "selected" and these pagehook names don't match, which results in the blank page.

5. zappoman
    Posted 15 years ago #

This issue can be considered closed in my opinion.

My problem was a user head space problem on my part.

Please disregard my babbling!

I have got to stop drinking and coding. But I have to tell you the Deschutes Brewer's "The Abyss" Single Year Reserve stout is AMAZING... It will knock you out!

6. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

"I have got to stop drinking and coding."

Now what's the fun in that?

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by zappoman
  • Latest reply from lunabyte