The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

plugins installed and working but not listed in Plugin Management (5 posts)

1. sandg
    Posted 15 years ago #

I've the plugin 'Redirectify' installed into 'mu-plugins' folder a few days ago and got it working. Today the plugin is missing from Plugin Management page. I've checked the FTP, and the file still exists.

Now I can't get any plugins listed if I upload them into 'mu-plugins' folder. WPMU only lists plugins in the 'plugins' folder.

I've tried renaming the plugin folder in 'mu-plugins' folder to see if it still works and it does! *puzzling*

How can I recover this plugin (get it listed in Plugin Management) again?

If I can't do that, I'll need to upload future plugins into 'plugins' folder instead of 'mu-plugins' folder. In that case, how can I activate plugins site-wide instead of per-blog basis?

Tq.

2. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

If you want it on the "plugins" menu, put it in the /plugins/ directory.

Mu-plugins is a special, auto-execute directory which should be used sparingly with great caution.

Been discussed at length before, and the search tool may help further your reading.

3. sandg
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks, I've read the same in http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=2629 but didn't really answer my questions. :/

The problem is I don't get why the plugin I installed into /mu-plugins/ folder was there earlier (and working fine) but now it isn't there in my FTP. It's like now you see it, now you don't. *still puzzled*

Due to this, I've uploaded the cforms plugin into /plugins/ folder and seems to be working but some pages cannot be loaded, which makes it difficult for me to change some settings.

I get:
    Cannot load /home/ipunyec/public_html/sites/wp-content/mu-plugins/cforms/cforms-help.php.

Cannot load /home/ipunyec/public_html/sites/wp-content/mu-plugins/cforms/cforms-options.php.

..which means it's looking for the files in /mu-plugins/ folder but when i upload cforms there, WPMU doesn't recognize it and doesn't list it in Plugins Management.

*sigh* appreciate any help! tq!

4. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

ANY plugin in MU plugins will NOT show up on the plugin menu. Period.

If the plugin is looking for things in mu-plugins, then it either has junk left in the options table or something from the previous install attempt, or the paths were changed in the plugin file(s).

5. sandg
    Posted 15 years ago #

You were right. There's probably some junk left somehow in /mu-plugins/ folder. I renamed the folder and so far, the plugin's config pages are loading nicely.

Thanks, lunabyte! =D

About this Topic