The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Swedish language? (8 posts)

1. Fredrik-S
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello

I have downloaded and installed the swedish language for the adminpanel in MU Wordpress 1.5.1. But where can I download Swedish language for the registration chapter?

Greetings Fredrik

2. bloggus
    Posted 15 years ago #

You can download the english language file or the old Swedish one, poedit and sync with the latest 1.5.1 files. Then you can translate the missing/changed strings yourself.

There is in other words - there's no updated Swedish language file for 1.5.1 - but I'm almost done .... :)

The latest merge with WP 2.5.1 was a lot to translate. Almost 50% if I remember right.

3. Fredrik-S
    Posted 15 years ago #

Okay, I downloaded poedit.

But now Im looking for the orginal english language file in the 1.5.1. Can't find anyone, is there any at all? Or is it just core programed in the files from the begining?

4. bloggus
    Posted 15 years ago #

If you already have poedit installed then you can just get all the strings from the core files.

5. KKWangen
    Posted 15 years ago #

Fredrik-S: When translating WPMU I actually found it best to start out with the translation for normal WP and use the update from core option in poedit, as 90% of the strings are already translated.

6. Fredrik-S
    Posted 15 years ago #

Okay, I have downloaded the Swedish language file for WP. And opened it with poedit. It looks like this now: http://www.nischa.se/bild.png

But how do I import from the core file? And how do I add theme to the existing po file that I opened?

7. bloggus
    Posted 15 years ago #

You have to set path to the files under:
    Catalog --> Preferences - Path (or something like that)
    Katalog - Inställningar - Sökvägar (in Swedish)

And after that "Update from Source".

8. Fredrik-S
    Posted 15 years ago #

Okay, now Im getting closer! I got the "file opening" to work. But now, when Im trying to save the file after editing I get the following wrong message, how come?

http://www.nischa.se/bild2.png

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by Fredrik-S
  • Latest reply from Fredrik-S