The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

trac: what's up with http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ (6 posts)

1. tisme
    Posted 17 years ago #

where is it now (if any)?

2. tisme
    Posted 17 years ago #

Scuseme, bumping it but Matt said

The MU bug tracker is actually here:

trac.mu.wordpress.org/

But it's a little broken right now.

We're more than welcome to accopt contributions to the codebase...

Is it still broken (2 months), then how do you guys manage to develope it (if anyone does)?

3. ergate
    Posted 17 years ago #

The devs do follow this forum (to what extent I am not sure), from time to time Donncha (one of the main devs) will include a fix or improvement that is listed here. And sometimes they glean suggestions etc and from here as well.

Not 100% sure about that, but it does seem to happen.

4. tisme
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks for the explanation of situation, ergate.

uhm...

I thought trac is rather more convinient system to track bugs, log changes and 'adopt contributions to codebase' into an opensource project than just a users forum.

BTW, is it a free (as in freedom) Opensource project, or is it a (possibly not free now or in the future) product with open sources available to download? I found no license in the archive neither any statement on this site. Local forum search facility didn't bring any relevant info as well.

5. tisme
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yay, it's fixed now!

Here ya go to open tickets, post patches, browse sources (refer to in forums), follow the timeline and whatnot. Bugs-be-gone!

It seems like devs really do follow this forum.

Thank you guys, you are men.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

AFAIK, Matt has said this (well, Wordpress anyway, and one can asume MU) will be free (as in freedom) forever. Although I don't have a link, it's come up many times in the regular wp forums, and I'm sure the WP bundle has the GNU license all over it.

About this Topic