The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Create New Blog (6 posts)

1. djr3110
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi, how do I direct my readers to the blog registration page and why does this page break the theme and yet all the other pages are fine. Can this page be edited to fit the theme?

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

how do I direct my readers to the blog registration page

You create a link to the page in question.

Could you please do us a favor? Please review the readme file as well as the debugging page that it links to. It'll do you a lot of good knowing what information you need to include when asking for help around here. For example, you don't give us a link so we can see what is occurring.

Please remember that wpmu is server level software. Running such a site means that the site admin have a basic level of knowledge and understanding of hosting and running software. You may want to review the "Is mu for me?" sticky at the top of the forums as well.

Not trying to be rude or anything but what's going to happen if 3 million folks sign up for your site within 24 hours. WOuld you know how to handle it? Just something to think about.

3. djr3110
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yeh glad you weren't being rude as I have had 3 years experience hosting software. I figure I have mistaken the MU forum to be as comprehensive as the Wordpress codex and wrongly assumed most things would be documented. Since I realised that I have put on my figuring our hat and sorted the problem.

And with reference to your question what would I do if 3 million people - I propose I'd sell the site and move the Caribbean! :-)

Thanks so much for your help and complements to the team for a wicked piece of kit

D

4. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Don't mind helping but you need to help us help you. Still waiting for that link if you still need the help.

5. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

You can most certainly edit the signup page to match your theme.

By default, it's set up/coded to match the default theme. Sometimes it works in others, sometimes not.

You could also potentially set up some css in your theme to handle what's there. By default, it should be pulling your header and footer. There isn't a get_sidebar in it, unless recently added and I haven't noticed, but you can add that down at the bottom.

Whatever you do, just remember to keep track of for when it's time to upgrade. You'll also what to do the same with the wp-activate too, provided you actually make changes to the file.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

The biggest issue I think with the signup page, is the id="wide-content" around it. most of the time you can add that to the stylesheet.

when you get really snazzy with graphics and stuff (like styling error messages), it's quite the bear to work with though.

And yeah, just put a link to the signup page on your front page somewhere.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by djr3110
  • Latest reply from andrea_r