The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

G2 install integration (5 posts)

1. carnold
    Posted 15 years ago #

Using 1.5.1 and Gallery2 with WPG2 v3 plugin. I have G2 installed in multisite fashion to offer my users their own gallery on their muwp blog. What i am looking to do is integrate the G2 install process with muwp blog signup. So, a new user signs up for a blog and on the signup page is a "setup your gallery" checkbox. When this user clicks "gimme a blog" this will invoke the G2 install process without the user seeing anything. Anybody here ever done such a thing?

2. dsader
    Posted 15 years ago #

When I hardcoded my site paths to Gallery2 in the wpg2 options page code the "Grant G2 User" thingy that wpg2 does under Users takes care of everything else. (Log out/in before passwords synch). Users still must activate the WPG2 plugin after their blog is built.

My problem with WPG2 was stopping WPMU users from getting an account willy-nilly in Gallery2, not the other way around.

3. carnold
    Posted 15 years ago #

yea, i don't believe that way works with multisite installs. Every new user will need to install the G2 and then activate the WPG2 plugin. By granting them G2 user, all you do is grant them access to your G2 install, where they may be able to upload and share pics/videos there by with the multisite install they have their own G2 install and are in complete control of that install

4. dsader
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yup, you are over my head now. It's been a year or more since I've integrated the two.

I see what's going on a bit clearer, though. here: http://codex.gallery2.org/Gallery2:Multisite

Will gallery2 work with each users g2data folder in a "wp-content/blogs.dir/{$wpdb->blogid}/g2data/" folder?

You got my wheels a turning.

What have you got working so far?

5. carnold
    Posted 15 years ago #

The users g2data file is recommended to be non-web accessible; however, the users install can be located in "wp-content/blogs.dir/{$wpdb->blogid}/. I have, of course, muwp working with G2 multisite and the wpg2 v3 plugin. I also have a user that has setup their G2 install and indeed theirs is separate from mine. You are welcome to come and test drive a blog/G2 install to see what all you can do.

About this Topic