The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

How to take Backup of wp-mu to put in other website (6 posts)

1. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 15 years ago #

I want to change my website but I have to put same content of old website to new website.

In old website I had wordpress MU installed. To copy all contents:

1. I have taken backup of my SQL Database of old website.

2. I have downloaded all the pages of wordpress MU of old website to my computer.

3. Now I have uploaded my old website's database to my new website.

4. I have created new username and password for uploaded database.

5. Now I have changed entries of database name and username-password of wp-config.php file of downloaded wordpress of my old website.

6. Now I uploaded the downloaded wordpress pages of old website to my new website.

Now by accessing my new website I am getting error as below:

"No WPMU site defined on this host. If you are the owner of this site, please check Debugging WPMU for further assistance."

Can you plz tell me how I can solve this problem.

Note: I cannot backup all the home directory via cpanel for direct uploading to my new website since in my new website i have to use old website's wordpress in subfolder

2. suleiman
    Posted 15 years ago #

I would suggest you go in the database and do a find and replace query for your old site's url against your new one. This is a common oversight when moving to a new domain.

3. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks, But problem is this that I have changed server only but domain name is same. I have added old website as addon domain in my other webserver.

Plz solve the problem

4. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 15 years ago #

you can test other software. i use a soft ware for backup .i think it's very good. if you need ,please email to me

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"I have added old website as addon domain in my other webserver."

You can't use it as an add-on domain.

6. wehican
    Posted 15 years ago #

"No WPMU site defined on this host. If you are the owner of this site, please check Debugging WPMU for further assistance."

Try a fresh install with a new database, copy all old files over the new install, then import your old database.

Maybe a problem with the secret word or salt?

You had to change nameservers when you changed servers. Has it propagated yet?

"I have added old website as addon domain in my other webserver."

Could you clarify that? I have WPMU working on an addon domain.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by rahulgupta
  • Latest reply from wehican