The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Add media like wp.com does? (5 posts)

1. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 15 years ago #

In my installation of 2.6rc1 I see only one button, Add media, but at wp.com they also have special upload for photo (remote url), audio and video (like youtube).

How can I get tat in the editor??

2. demonicume
    Posted 15 years ago #

a couple of things about this question.

1) i can guarantee you won't get any answer for any question that involves 'like wordpress.com'. some of these guys are associated with WP.com on various levels and it'd be dumb for them to just hand over their trade secrets for free.
    2) there's a very good reason Mu moooved (LOL) to to the single button. search for it.
    3) search anarchy media for all your video linking worries... but there are like 4 or 5 plugins that'll do the same thing, included some core hacks. you have to search, though.

I had to get to you before Luna or one of the other Devs got you.

3. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

Both Anarchy Media and Vipers Quicktags will do pretty much what you want. There are hundreds of threads in this forum for video and audio integration plugins but those 2 seem to work in addition to the new changes to the visual editor.

Trent

4. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 15 years ago #

Sorry, didn't know that questions involving "like wordpress.com' where not liked here.

Thanks for the answer though. Well I just want some simple and not to heavy, that's why their choise of usuage looked nice. Will take a look at the plugins.

5. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 15 years ago #

There's been an update of Stefan Hess' embedded video with link last week (check on WP plugins repository for latest version). It works very well with WPMu

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by electronman
  • Latest reply from dianevh