The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Javascript Doesn't Work at Main Blog (6 posts)

1. nazieb
    Posted 15 years ago #

Dear, I've installed a wordpress MU 1.5.1 on my domain (mysite.com) for personal use and I have several sub blogs within. But why, in my main blog (www.mysite.com) dashboard, the javascript like in widget section or in dashboard doesn't work. I think it's my browser, but I tried the sub-blog dashboard (blog.mysite.com), everything is okay, and there is no problem with my browser setting.

So, what's wrong? Thanks before

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

In WPMU, javascript *WILL* get stripped out of widgets for everyone. It's a security feature.

3. nazieb
    Posted 15 years ago #

Dear andrea..
    Thanks, but I think you don't understand my problem. My grammar? Sorry I don't speak in English :D

In a blog dashboard, you'll find some feature that using Javascript, like in the Dashboard where Incoming Links or WordPress Development Blog feed is shown using AJAX (CMIIW). Or in the widget section, where a form will be shown after you click "Edit" for a widget. Or when you drag a widget to order them. Those feature are using javascript, right?

But those feature doesn't work in my main blog dashboard. :(

4. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

Grab Firefox and Firebug and load the page that doesn't work. Open the Firebug screen and have a look at the content in the Net tab. Do you see any files coloured Red?

Those are the files that firefox cannot find (and are probably the javascript ones). Hover your mouse over the names of them and it will display the URL were it was looking for the file. It may help solve the problem.

5. nazieb
    Posted 15 years ago #

Dear cafespain,
    Firebug tells that everything is okay. Net tab is empty.

This trouble only occur in my main blog. In the sub-blogs' dashboard, everything is fine.

6. sandg
    Posted 15 years ago #

found a plugin that allows all text..without wp filters..including javascript

http://eng.scarblog.com/

About this Topic