The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Wordpress MU Sermons Plugin released (7 posts)

1. mark8barnes
    Posted 15 years ago #

Sermon Browser was released for standard WordPress six weeks ago, but has now been made WPMU compatible (in the wpmu-plugins folder).

The plugin allows churches to simply upload sermons to their Wordpress website, where they can be searched, listened to, and downloaded. It is easy to use with comprehensive help and tutorials. Features include:

• Sermons can be searched by topic, preacher, bible passage or date.
    • Full podcasting capabilities, including custom podcasts for individual users.
    • Sermons uploaded in mp3 format can be played directly on your website using the 1PixelOut Audio Player (also available for WPMU).
    • An optional sidebar widget displays sermons on all of your posts or pages.
    • Embed videos from sites such as YouTube or Google Video.
    • Other file types can also be uploaded, including PDF, Powerpoint, Word, text and RTF. Multiple files can be attached to single sermons.
    • The full Bible text of the passage being preached on can be included on each sermon page (five different versions, including ESV).
    • Files can be uploaded to your own site through the browser or via FTP. Alternatively you can use other free audio hosting sites such as Odeo.
    • Powerful templating function allows complete customisation to complement the look of your site.
    • Simple statistics show how often each sermon has been listened to.
    • Compatible with Wordpress MU (in the wpmu-plugins folder).
    • Extensive help and tutorial screencasts.

Read more at Wordpress extend or http://www.4-14.org.uk/sermon-browsersermon-browser

This is my first WPMU plugin, and truthfully, I don't use MU myself (though I can see the possibilities now). There are currently no site-wide administrator options, and I'm not sure what would be useful. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

2. demonicume
    Posted 15 years ago #

wow, impressive. i'll gladly be the first to break... erm, test it!

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Oh great, I just had another idea for a WPMU site. :D

4. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

@andrea_r: Haven't you got enough to do? Or have you created a new free time generation machine plugin. If so can I have a copy please.

Alternatively if anyone has mastered the art of cloning.... It's not for me you understand, but I know someone I'd like to test it on 4 or 5 times :)

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hey, I said I had an *idea*, didn't say I was going to actually do it. :D

(Hmm, time machine - who told you?)

6. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

@mark8barnes: Is it possible to not user the Sermon and bible passage side of things and use it more as an advanced pod/video casting system?

7. mark8barnes
    Posted 15 years ago #

@cafespain: Yes, it would be quite easy for a PHP programmer to do that. Just remove the code about Bible books, and change some of the wording (like "preacher"). However, the plug-in is still under development, so if you're considering a fork, you might want to wait until the full feature set is out.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by mark8barnes
  • Latest reply from mark8barnes