The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

System mail not sending from second URL (8 posts)

1. mars-hill
    Posted 15 years ago #

Running WPMU2.6 on Apache and PHP5.

My "main" blog is sending system email correctly, but my second domain isn't. I have tried sending to email addresses on the same server and on different ones. No dice.

And no, emails aren't being spammed or anything like that.

I've been searching the database to find mailserver settings but failed. Does anyone know where they are stored? Or perhaps have another suggestion?

2. MrBrian
    Posted 15 years ago #

Where are you sending the emails? If it's a free email provider, that would be a bad way to test since a lot of them silently drop emails. WPMU's mail function is wp_mail

3. mars-hill
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks Mr Brian.

I've tried gmail and email addresses hosted with bluehost and mediatemple. Nothing showing in any inbox. And nothing in the mail error logs either.

They just seem to disappear.

4. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

you get all of the best problems :)
    Have you tried setting up an email client to send via that account (make an email account for that domain) and see if that get's through. Then you can narrow it down from an email problem to a php scripted email problem just for that domain.

5. mars-hill
    Posted 15 years ago #

I sure do. They seem so predictable, but no-one else's solutions work.

Thanks for the suggestion: I'll try that tomorrow after work and report back.

6. mars-hill
    Posted 15 years ago #

I know I won't sleep with that question hanging...

I can send from mail@chrishargreaves.co.nz using webmail (to local and external email addresses). I can also receive mail there.

7. mars-hill
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm still seeing nothing in the logs. I've tried using the SMTP Mail 0.0.1 plugin to get around the issue, but on activating the plugin (on one site only) I get the following fatal error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wp_mail() (previously declared in /nfs/c02/h06/mnt/46595/domains/eurailstories.com/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php:264) in /nfs/c02/h06/mnt/46595/domains/eurailstories.com/html/wp-content/plugins/mailer for chris/smtp-mail.php on line 45

I thought it would be OK. Do I need to comment out the relevant sections of pluggable.php?

8. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

I think this may require an email to MT support saying you can't email using php from an add-on domain.
    I've been having intermittent email sending problems from the sites I still have there (every now and then it doesn't send orders through that I receive emails from paypal saying I've received payment for). So it may be something at their end.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by mars-hill
  • Latest reply from cafespain