The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Can't delete user (Site Admin > User > Delete) (7 posts)

1. schun
    Posted 15 years ago #

I can't seem to be able to delete user account from wpmu site. When I select the user to delete, it gives me a following messageL "Transfer posts before deleting users:" with the button to click but nothing really happens when I click to delete the users. It tells me that the user has been deleted but I still see the user appearing on the list.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    S

2. schun
    Posted 15 years ago #

I am using the latest package WPMU 2.6.

3. schun
    Posted 15 years ago #

OK, I was able to narrow this issue down a bit. This problem of not being able to delete user account only happens to those user accounts that are created by users. If I as an admin add/create user to wpmu site using admin interface, I have no problem deleting that user. However, if a user register themselves and create their own account, I even as an admin can't delete their account.

Please help!

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Submit a trac ticket. This is a recent addition and yes, needs fixing.

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/

5. corbosman
    Posted 15 years ago #

Any news on this? Im working on a test site based on 2.6 and it's quite annoying that I cant delete users. Anyone that can hand me a manual SQL query I can use to delete users without leaving crud behind?

6. Arnolfini
    Posted 15 years ago #

I noticed that users without blogs cannot be deleted. Create a fake blog and add as admin the user you want to delete first - then delete the user, then delete the blog. I hope it helps ;)

7. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

I noticed it was fixed today in trac.

About this Topic