The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WP Mu Redirect Loop. (11 posts)

1. jc93
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi, all WP MU master ,

I have faced a very headache question. Is willing some people to be able to give me really the most specialized support.

Is Redirect Loop problem which many members also often face. other members can log in, is unable except admin to enter the backstage.

Whenever I login to wp-login.php, success login, it direct redirect will go to wp-admin. But, actually will present the following circular.

-------------------------------------------------------
    Redirect Loop

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

The browser has stopped trying to retrieve the requested item. The site is redirecting the request in a way that will never complete.

* Have you disabled or blocked cookies required by this site?
    * NOTE: If accepting the site's cookies does not resolve the problem, it is likely a server configuration issue and not your computer.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Some people said that is the wp-config.php problem, some people said that is the htacess problem. Actually, true reason in what? Some people can provide the solution to solve it?

Thanks.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Compare the wp-config.php AND the .htacces files with the wp-config-sample.php and htaccess.dist included in the download.

make sure the contents are the SAME.

3. jc93
    Posted 15 years ago #

andrea_r ,

heyhey, thank for reply ...
    im try to compare it ^^

Thanks.

4. jc93
    Posted 15 years ago #

andrea_r ,
    is tat wp-config.php with wp-config-sample.php the data must be all same ?

and htaccess with htaccess.dist must be all same ?

Thanks.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Similar. Are there are extra lines in one that are not in the other?

6. jc93
    Posted 15 years ago #

adrea_r ,

the htaccess is same .

but wp-config is very hard to check.

7. jc93
    Posted 15 years ago #

hi ...

i has checked it !
    is all the same ...

8. raimiblack
    Posted 15 years ago #

so if its all the same, then whats the problem?
    anyone have an idea?

9. BondageRadio
    Posted 15 years ago #

Apparently this is part of an issue that goes back years.

I'm trying to research a similar problem with LimitInternalRecursion ( http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/tags.php?tag=limitinternalrecursion ) and all of the answers were basicly:

"i checked my plugins and themes and found the problem"

without and statement as to what theme or plugin may have caused the issue.

I'd like NOT to disable plugins from my users if I can help it.

I'm getting live errors on my site and the error it's self points to the referrer, but doesn't tell you what the bad redirection URL was.

This is no help at all when the error comes from seemingly every post, page, category, tag, author and search; site wide.

The responses found in the forums here, are equally as vague.

it's like looking up an error in the documentation and all that's posted there is

"Yep. Something is wrong."

10. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Because in every case, it was a different plugin that caused the issue. Or a different setup. Or some other issue.

In other words, it was unique to each case.

11. erin5995
    Posted 14 years ago #

I couldn't figure out why I couldn't log in after dumping the databases, uploading the entire site all over again... I realized it was the browser cookies when the login page instructed me to log in 'again' on my fresh install. If you're getting the login redirect loop, delete or expire the browser cookies (and instruct users to do so) before you try anything else.

About this Topic