The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Missing backend icons and images after upgrade to 2.6 (4 posts)

1. mitchellirons
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hey all,

I have booted up a fresh install of WPMU 2.6.
    I was previously running 1.5 without ever encountering a problem.

WPMU 2.6 is giving me a problem with displaying icons on the back-end. The installation went off without a hitch, but I found when i went to add themes and to write a post and page that the images I expected to find weren't there.

On the write page, one can find the space for all the icons as blank boxes, but the icons themselves are missing. on the theme chooser page, MU can't find / can't get permission to load the images.

I'm wondering if this might be a .htaccess issue somewhere along the way. Does anyone have any hints to right this ship?

Images of my problem can be found at the link below.

Thanks
    -m

http://mitchellirons.com/icons-in-wpmu-2_6/

2. dsader
    Posted 15 years ago #

1 more step in diagnosis would help me.

"right-click" or "control-click" an image and "open image in new tab". What url is it looking for?

The screenshot can be buggered up by define('WP_CONTENT_URL', 'hidden_dir_plugin') or have an extra '//' in the url.

The media button icon should be "/wp-admin/images/media-button-other.gif"

Disable all mu-plugins, disable all plugins. Re-enable half, test, re-enable half ...

3. mitchellirons
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi Dsader, thanks for heeding the call.

A ctrl-click/right-click on the boxes where the icons ought to be returns only:

javascript:;

Ctrl-clicking on the space where the media button icon should be, however, returns the URL for the Insert Media Page:

http://mitchellirons.com/.../media-upload.php?post_id=-1219175812&TB_iframe=true&height=500&width=640

Just to offer a little more context, I've only installed one plugin, MU- or otherwise - the statcounter.com plugin. But I quickly disabled it when these issues arose. I'm running nearly a completely clean install at the moment. And since I have the entire site backed up to MU-1.5, I'm inclined just to return to it, or at least try a re-install of 2.6. (i.e. I haven't gone far down the rabbit-hole yet.)

Thoughts? Thanks again.

4. mitchellirons
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi all,

I've determined that these issues are lying on the server and not with WPMU. Thanks all.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by mitchellirons
  • Latest reply from mitchellirons