The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Add user from community - can't see the new user (9 posts)

1. dhrachov
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello everybody,
    I need to help with likely easy problem. I started from fresh install, created one more blog so there are two blogs - the main one and new one. A user registered himself, the e-mail containing login was sent to him and he can successfully log in.
    If admin logs in he can see two users in the main blog - admin and the new user.
    Additionally there is one user in the new blog - admin.
    Everything is as I expected.
    But since I Add user from community in the new blog by entering his e-mail it prints out: New user created. and there there is still one user in the blog - admin. How to add a registered user to a new blog?

I started from fresh install of 2.6.1 to ensure that none of the plugins can affect the test. I changed some settings e.g. Users can register themselves, added and configured WP Mail SMTP plugin etc.

2. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

An email with a confirmation link is sent to the created user. They will have to click on it to join the blog they've been invited to.

BTW, I've been meaning to ask this. Why does the confirmation page for this function display "Wordpress Error" in the Title. Where can it be changed?

3. dhrachov
    Posted 15 years ago #

Klark0: I can't see any "Wordpress Error" in the Title of the confirmation page. I am using 2.6.1 version.

However the user is always invited to the main blog. When I click 'Register' in the new blog it redirects me to sign-up form in the main blog. So the confirmation link activates the user only in the main blog.
    When the admin wants to add the user to the new blog by 'Add user from community' the new user doesn't appear in the new blog.

4. nibb
    Posted 15 years ago #

Just came across the puzzler myself, Im sure I didnt have to wait on some user agreeing to be added following an email. Its this a new slant on things?

We have a working team of folks who work on a number of blogs, waiting on them all to click the magic link in an email every time we create a new multi-editor blog is going to be a pain.

I think also that the action should display 'sent a confirmation email to your new added user' when it returns to the browser. All you get is 'user added' - which isn't really true is it?

5. dhrachov
    Posted 15 years ago #

All you get is 'user added' - which isn't really true is it?

It confused me because I couldn't see the added user. I think it should be replaced with better message.

Finally I have found the problem. WP Mail SMTP plugin was not configured in the new blog therefore the inviting e-mail was not sent.

However this way of adding users to blogs is very time consuming and painful. I am looking for a plugin that could possibly fix that.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

7. redsoxmaniac
    Posted 15 years ago #

Possible to restart this problem. I got a 404 on this link. It won't let me add a user without letting me having to add them to the main blog, which I don't want to do.

8. redsoxmaniac
    Posted 15 years ago #

Nwevermind. Found it. Thanks Andrea

9. redsoxmaniac
    Posted 15 years ago #

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by dhrachov
  • Latest reply from redsoxmaniac