The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Hosting recommendations? (9 posts)

1. kdesilva
    Posted 17 years ago #

Anyone have any recommendations for a hosting place? Was thinking about some place called Dreamhost, but wanted to check around more..

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Ohhhh... even people using the regular Wordpress have issues with Dreamhost.
    Go see Site5.com. If you have only one domain, you can get away with the bottom-end plan.

3. kdesilva
    Posted 17 years ago #

good to know!

Site5 looks pretty interesting.. we will probably run this MU site by itself on here .. is 5gb enough?

Any others? You know .. for comparison's sakes .. ;)

4. ergate
    Posted 17 years ago #

I used hostnexus.com
    Have been using them for several years now, really good customer service, and they were willing to work with me to set up the wildcard etc.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Well, I've got over 100 users and have only used half a gig of server space so far. I guess it depends on how big you think you'd get. :)

6. febwa1976
    Posted 17 years ago #

I have WPMU installed on Site5 - the people over there helped me out in setting up the wildcard DNS - the rest was a breeze.

asmallorange has also been really helpful - WPMU works great there too.

7. nuprn1
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm on dreamhost but it took some sweet talking to get them to setup the vhost for me. A few people said no, then two others said ok.

8. Farms
    Posted 17 years ago #

http://psek.com are my babies, have been helpful since the start... mention me (James Farmer) if you do sign up ;)

9. sskhalsa
    Posted 17 years ago #

hostgator works great. I've been using it for awhile on mydietblogger.com

here is a review of hostgator --> http://www.cheapwebservers.net/hostgator.html

Site5 has a VERY BAD reputation.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by kdesilva
  • Latest reply from sskhalsa