The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Plugin Problems with Wordpress mu (7 posts)

1. Andreas84
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello,
    i us wordpress mu 2.6 and i have several problems with several plugins:

i installed the sidebar editor to change my sidebars, and it consequently shows me in the admin menu when i try to use it a 404 error page.

i installed the admin menu, and it dont want to save my changes.

i installed the plugin manager and it says please wait, and if i wait a hour nothing happend.

im not sure have i done something wrong installing mu or have i something wrong installing the plugins, or have i done all right and the plugins just dont work?
    Can you tell me where i find a new admin menu designer and a sidebar designer if it will not work?

My second question is:
    I want to make my forum multilingual, so the writer can write a text in english and a in german and the user can toggle between them and if he choose germen he see only the german content of the whole blog.
    how can i do this?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Sidebar editor? I'm not sure you need that. WPMU has widgets built in as long as the themes are widgetized.

Also, without links to the plugins in question, we have no idea what you;re talking about. Except for maybe plugin commander.

3. Andreas84
    Posted 15 years ago #

is there a tutorial for the widgets? (especially for how to design wordpress mu)

the sidebar plugin i thing i can skip if its already possible with the package.

the admin menu is from:
    http://barunsingh.com/files/software/

the pluginmanager is from:
    http://www.drunkadmin.com/wp-content/uploads/plugin-manager.zip

i found them by browsing a big file menue i thing it was on the wordpress site.

have you an idea how to realise the multilingual feature?

4. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

Search this forum for "multilingual" and you will get a list of posts that talk about it as well as a few plugins that might work for you.

If you do find one that works well with MU, then please let me know as I am looking for a good one too but haven't had time to research or test them.

5. Andreas84
    Posted 15 years ago #

hmm for the languages Problem seems this to be the best solution:

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=9509

6. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"is there a tutorial for the widgets? (especially for how to design wordpress mu)"

Not sure what you mean. Install MU, install some widgetized themes (hey, the included ones are widget-ready) and.... move the widgets on the sidebar. You don't have to design anything.

Unless you want to make your own widgets, or widgetize your own theme.

7. Andreas84
    Posted 15 years ago #

hmm yes i have not seen that i must activate a theme to have the widgets.

how to i change the position of the sidebar?

how can i limit the usage of some tags or categorys (so that only administrators can give a article this tag or category)

how do i search with a page for all article in a special category having a special tag? (to create on this page a dynamic Table of contents that shows all articles in this category with this tag)

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by Andreas84
  • Latest reply from Andreas84