The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Auto-Activate plugin on user blogs? (4 posts)

1. ultramalcolm
    Posted 15 years ago #

I think I am confused about how plugins work under WPMU. I thought that putting plugins in the mu-plugins folder meant that they didn't have to be activated by the user. I am using the bm-custom-login plugin to show a branded login screen on my user blogs, but putting that plugin into the mu-plugins folder doesn't seem to make it automatically activate for new users. It only seems to work when I put it in the regular plugins folder.

What I have been doing is going into every new blog account and activating it by hand, but that obviously can't be a solution for long. Any idea how I can get this plugin to auto-activate? And again, I apologize if this question is just beyond stupid.

thanks

2. MrBrian
    Posted 15 years ago #

Not all plugins will work in mu-plugins folder, depends on how they're coded. What you should do is stick it in the normal plugins folder and use Plugin Commander to auto-activate the plugin for every new blog.

http://firestats.cc/wiki/WPMUPluginCommander

3. ultramalcolm
    Posted 15 years ago #

Plugin Commander is the best thing I have seen in my whole life. Thanks so much!

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

the bm-custom-login plugin calls the /plugins/ folder directly, so you'd have to edit that first, and you can't put it in its own subfolder in the mu-plugins directory.

After that, it works fine there. :D I've used it all the time.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by ultramalcolm
  • Latest reply from andrea_r