The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Imported images (5 posts)

1. dkiesow
    Posted 15 years ago #

I moved a stand-alone WP blog over to a WPMU install. Everything looks fine - except none of the images show up. The uploads folder from the old blog was moved over - and everything is in the correct path. A new image uploaded from the blog appears alongside the 'old' images. But - when you try to load the image in a browser you get a 500 internal server error.

Also - none of the 'old' images show up in the media library in the admin. So - where is that controlled and why does the direct path to an image not work.

2. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

How did you import ? I did the same recently but I used the builtin importer and selected "Download and import attachments"

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ah, the fun of the export/import... which is not recommended for one of these reasons.

In MU, images ares stored in a completely different spot.

4. dkiesow
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yeah - I neglected to include the attachments when I imported the post. But - I moved all the files over manually into the correct path. So far to solve it - I copied all the images into the generic 'uploads' folder and out of the blogs.dir/ folder - and WPMU seems to be finding them now.

5. dkiesow
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yeah - I neglected to include the attachments when I imported the post. But - I moved all the files over manually into the correct path. So far to solve it - I copied all the images into the generic 'uploads' folder and out of the blogs.dir/ folder - and WPMU seems to be finding them now.

6. Success
    Posted 15 years ago #

I am trying to find out the opposite.

How to export a MU blog to a standard Wordpress and have correct image folder settings.

If I use the download attachments option, the images are in /files/

I wanted to continue using /files/ folder as the image folder.

In standard Wordpress, I set this for Settings > Miscellaneous

Store uploads in this folder -> I changed "wp-content/uploads" to absolute path to files" " folder Example: /home/user/public_html/images

Full URL path to files -> http://www.example.com/files

Image upload goes into files.

But another problem arise, I can't see thumbnail previews in Image uploader. It reference to image/example-thumbnail.jpg

So I don't know if it's better to try to continue using /files/ folder or copy and upload all the default wp-content/uploads/

7. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Export to XML file and do Search/Replace :)

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by dkiesow
  • Latest reply from VentureMaker