The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

sitewide recent posts with images and all (9 posts)

1. robbot
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm trying to put together a small blog community for a local theater group. The actors want an own blog each, but on the startpage they want the last post from every blog.
    It should look exactly as it does on the blog it appears at, with images, comments and such.
    I've searched through a lot of post in hope of finding any suggestions but haven't found anything of the sort I want. All I found is listings of titles or rss-feeds...
    I don't know if I am missing something or what. Can anyone please help me?

2. robbot
    Posted 15 years ago #

Btw I have been looking at "Donncha's sitewide tags plugin", that wasn't really what I was looking for but almost. All it did was make a copy of the post and put it in the database for the first page... Comments could be made on the copy it but didn't reflect the comments on the original. I don't want a copy I want at mirror.

3. politicalbear
    Posted 15 years ago #

Give it another shot. There are plenty of solutions lurking on here, you just have to find the one that works for you.

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/search.php

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hmmm, comments might be an issues though.

Some of the other options will show the whole post, and clicking on the title (for comments) leads you to the originating blog, so you can leave comments there.

5. robbot
    Posted 15 years ago #

I haven't found one post that helps me getting the posts with images. If anyone (politicalbear) finds one I would be very grateful indeed.

andrea_r: Comments isn't that important, link would as u said should be ok. Maybe just if there is comments or not...
    Do u know of a solution of that sort?

6. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

try the Feedwordpress plugin. activate it on the main blog, make sure the options are set to attribute the post back to the originating author.

Presto, you should be in business after that.

7. rizapn
    Posted 15 years ago #

I also use Donncha's sitewide tags plugin. I add these lines into the plugin PHP file to display the real comment number.

function sitewide_tags_get_comments_num($count)
    {
            global $blog_id,$wpdb,$post;
            $tags_blog_id = get_site_option('tags_blog_id');
            if (!$tags_blog_id || $blog_id!=$tags_blog_id) return $count;
            $base = $wpdb->base_prefix;
            list($post_blog_id,$post_id) = explode('.', $post->guid);
            $r = $wpdb->get_col("SELECT comment_count FROM $base{$post_blog_id}_posts WHERE ID=$post_id");
            if (is_array($r)) return $r[0];
            return $count;
    }
    add_filter('get_comments_number', 'sitewide_tags_get_comments_num');

I also put a remark in this line:
    $post->comment_status = 'closed'
    so, the comment status is same with the original ones.

8. robbot
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thank you all very much!
    I'll be trying the feedwordpress-plugin.
    It really should be easier to find, seems like a plugin of use to a lot of ppl.
    Thanks a million again!

9. buzz_lightyear
    Posted 15 years ago #

hi robbot,
    I am using AHP Sitewide recent posts (http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com/project/AHP-Sitewide-Recent-Posts-for-WPMU) on wpmu 2.6.3.
    Except post images it does all. maybe the plugin can be modified for displaying images too.

buzz

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by robbot
  • Latest reply from buzz_lightyear