The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

blank page when uploading images (23 posts)

1. julient
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi everyone,

Some users are facing an issue when they upload an image : they get a blank page instead of the form to insert it in the post.

This happens with the media uploader as well as with the classic browser version.

I haven't seen any topic on this issue. And I don't have any clue to solve it.

If someone can help me, it would be appreciated :D

julien

2. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

If this is a problem of SOME users (not everyone) - I'd think this is browser settings related problem. Dunno, maybe some popup blocker or DisableFlash, or ScriptOff FF extension can do this.

3. julient
    Posted 15 years ago #

@VentureMaker: Yes, I thought about this issue, but I could experience it with my own browser (Firefox). I think it is rather a matter of time (sometimes it happens, sometimes it doens't) than a problem with the browser...

4. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well, checking errors log won't hurt, but I don't think you'll find something there. If you do - post here.

5. Success
    Posted 15 years ago #

Are you also using the domain mapping plugin?

6. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yeah ..this (and other weird things) are happening with the domain mapping plugin.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Did you do the "edit blog" step? And you added the bit to sunrise.php right?

8. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yeah I know about the edit blog step...but I don't think that's how donncha intended this to work. What happens when the user decides they don't want domain mapping ..or they want to change domain.

I don't know about the sunrise.php additions..link ?

Sorry to OP if his problem isn't domain mapping related.

9. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

We've noticed the blank page during upload with folks running an out of date version of Adobe Flash. If they swear that they're running latest, have them double check anyway as I've yet had a single person actually running the latest version who says that they're doing so.

Latest released version is 10.0.12.36 although 9.0.124 seems to work fine as well.

There are a number of "What version of flash are you running" sites out there but they're usually browser specific.

10. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"I don't know about the sunrise.php additions..link ?"

In the readme file of the domain mapping plugin. :) It's not just a drop-and-run plugin.

11. julient
    Posted 15 years ago #

@tdjcbe: I tried to update the flash player, but the issue remains... This was a good idea though...

@all: I don't use this domain mapping plugin.

But I guess it has something to do with some of my plugins...

12. Success
    Posted 15 years ago #

I encountered this and this was how I solved it.

* If you are using Domain Mapping

.... and face the blank page after image upload problem, most likely you did not edit all the links for this blog to domain.com.

Go to your main WPMU wp-admin,

then Site Admin > Blogs

Click "Edit" for the blog facing this problem.

Change all instances of the blog name, be it subdirectory or subdomain, to domain.com

13. julient
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hope this will help those having this problem with domain mapping.

But I don't use domain mapping :(
    If anyone has any suggestion on this issue, this will be much appreciated :)

Thanks again

14. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

OK, is mod_security installed? Did you check permissions of blog.dir?

15. julient
    Posted 15 years ago #

Permissions of blog.dir are set to 777 (blog.dir, blog ID directory and files).

Is mod_security a PHP feature ? I've checked my phpinfo but I don't find mod_security.

Thanks VentureMaker

16. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Drop me a line to venturemaker [at] gmail [dot] com

If you give me access I think I can find out what's wrong.

17. rtofvnt
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi VentureMaker,

I know this post it's quite old, but did you found solution for this problem ?
    I think I've go the same issue - pictures are in right place but I can't see them.

Regards - Matt.

18. julient
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm still not sure if it is the solution, but apparently the users need the flash player 9 (and not 10) on their browser to get everything fine...

19. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

10 broke a bunch of things related to things happening without user intervention. (In addition to issues with swfobject, the tinyurl folks are up in arms as well.)

You need to actually delete v10 completely and do a reboot before installing v9 or else parts of v10 will still be installed.

20. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

21. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Those lines were added into the .htaccess file a while back though.

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/changeset/1256

22. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Were they? Cool then.

23. mauiman
    Posted 14 years ago #

For the next one here wanting to solve this puzzle of uploaded images not being visible:

I simply uploaded the complete Admin folder writing over all previously loaded files in that folder and it now works fine. You could probably upload a few select files, but why use a screwdriver when you can use a hammer?

About this Topic