The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Mods and stickies? (10 posts)

1. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Um, not a WPMU question, but a general forum question: Are there any mods here? No, no problems, but I've seen many of the same question come up, with the same answer and it may be less work for all if we had some sticky posts.

Or something.

And yes, I'm volunteering - I'd be more than happy to write some things up, I'm just not sure where would be the best place to put them.

What about the codex? What about documentation? As I said above, I'm more than willing to write things up, but I also would like for someone to verify that what I wrote is correct as well.

Any ideas? Any word from those in charge?

2. thegpfury
    Posted 17 years ago #

I dunno, I could mod if someone wanted me too. I personally think that the forums should be switched to something like phpbb, since that is a more common and understandable design.

I also would like some answers to the question I raised about not being able to logout from a MU wordpress... but that is kind of OT for this thread. :)

3. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

"I personally think that the forums should be switched to something like phpbb, since that is a more common and understandable design."

AFAIK, from reading the regular WP forum, that's a non-negotionable point.

4. febwa1976
    Posted 17 years ago #

andrea_r

Good idea! I vote for you by the way. Does anyone from WP read these forums? Seems to me a bit of a step child...but one with a huge potential.

5. ergate
    Posted 17 years ago #

yes the devs do read the forums.

Luckily on this forum there hasnt really been the need for much moderation, we are a rather well behaved group. The few times when moderation was needed it was taken care of quickly and without any fuss.

The idea of some sticky posts has been brought up before, alot of us would like them. Sometimes I think that is why some of the posters disappear for a while, get tired of the same old questions over and over.

The thing that most people dont realize is that almost everybody who posts on here is a volunteer, and offering their time and experience freely, sometimes when a post goes un-answered it is becuase people have yet to deal with the problem and they are leaving it for someone who does know. This board functions the same as the other wp support board, so if you bump your posts it doesnt do any good at getting things answered.

getting a bit wordy, sorry.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Oh, I agree, the need for moderation is very light.

But mods are also the only ones who can create stickies. :) Near as I can tell, anyway.

7. ergate
    Posted 17 years ago #

Your right, only a moderator or admin can create stickies.

8. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

We need a frigging FAQ sticky around here...

9. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Not that anyone would read it. God knows that they don't over at Wp.com.

*grumble*

10. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yep. And a fixed search... My suggestion for the first stickied FAQ would be "How to set Apache for vhost - step by step".

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by andrea_r
  • Latest reply from andrea_r