The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU themes (6 posts)

1. blognet
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hey guys,

I have searched and searched.. Where can I find WPMU themes as buddy press?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Since Buddypress isn't even quite BETA yet (or barely).... there hasn't been any made.

Any you've seen people have made for themselves and haven't released.

3. blognet
    Posted 15 years ago #

I tried with buddypress, but I dont like it. Many bugs.

I have a great designer, but he has no experience in WP og WPMU. Would it be too diffucult for him to design a theme for WPMU?

4. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

Not really. Creating the themes themselves is easy. The theme used on the home blog usually has alot going on. That's probably the hard part. Give him a list of features you want and point him to the search button on the forums. Just about everything you could dream up has been covered bfore.

5. blognet
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hmm... now I'm a little confused. I assume he only has to make a design for WPMU home theme, since there are plenty og normal WP themes, right?

The design is not a problem for him and neither is programming the features. Here I mean pulling different features to home-design. For example: latest blogs, latest members etc.

BUT... when he has no experience at all with WP/WPMU, is it easy to find which codes/lines (these latest blogs, latest member etc) should be taken/pulled from?

I have no idea if my explanation makes any sense for you guys :)

6. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Those things are all accomplished with plugins. :) We've discussed it many times here in the forums, and if he has any experience with plunking plugin code in a theme, he should have little problems.

If he has no experience in even creating WP themes, just get him to design the PSD, then hire someone else to code it. there's plenty of psd-to-wp/wpmu-theme coders out there.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by blognet
  • Latest reply from andrea_r