The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

User login problems (5 posts)

1. realsol
    Posted 15 years ago #

I am starting to think that moving my 8 wordpress blogs to MU might have been a mistake. I'm hoping not since I love the idea of MU.

Here is my main problem.

I have 3 blogs I am concerned with. All have different top level domains, so I set them all as sites. Business1.com is my MU main blog. Personal.com and Business2.com are additional SITES.

Both my personal.com and business2.com need to have users logged in to display private information. But in either blog, if a user goes through the MU registration process, after they get their password and enter it, they are redirected to the admin of business1. Very confusing to my personal.com users and business2.com users.

I really don't want them in the setup at all, except for maybe their profile.

How can I set this up to keep users in each blog without being redirected back to business1.

Is this just not possible.

Thanks.

2. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

How did you set up Personal.com and Business2.com blogs?

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

He's using the multi-site manager plugin.

4. realsol
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks VentureMaker for responding, and I am starting to think Andrea has a crush on me :)

Anyhow, I did solve this. I mean, I started a couple of months ago by writing my own side bar registration. Worked fine for one of my businesses. But then I noticed that half of them belonged to not only my business blog, but also my Main MU blog. I was confused.

Then I figured it out as I was on the phone with one of my customers. The were trying to login on my sidebar, even though they hadn't regged. They would then get taken to the regular log-in and regular registration form, bypassing my registration form. This would log them into the Main Site and my business site.

Not only that, I also figured out that the ones that made it through my custom registration, had no profile since they were not logged onto the main site. This caused further problems.

So, I ditched it. Andrea convinced me to edit the Login.php and I just removed the redirect if it was going to redirect a customer into the admin area. Then I wrote my on profile form that allows them to change their password and stuff, still leaving them out of the setup.

No I am in love with the registration process. I actual like the email verification much better anyhow.

Sorry for not seeing your reply sooner.

And Andrea, I guess I will see you on the next post.

Thanks a lot guys. I do love the MU community. Reminds me of Delphi.

5. jerryhnc
    Posted 14 years ago #

The login.php has several redirects. Did you remove them all? Which one did you remove?

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by realsol
  • Latest reply from jerryhnc