The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Index blogs on the main page (5 posts)

1. utnalove
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello, the blog http://www.erasmusinpoland.com/WPMU is up and running, and I created another user with its first blog.

http://www.erasmusinpoland.com/WPMU/nnsolomare

I would like an index of all the blogs available for all the users (also not registered). This index can be linked to the main page.

But, very important I would like all the recently updated blogs to appear on one of the sidebars. Just to link them somehow to the main page.

I hope you understand what I need... and of course I hope you can help me to get it, I think there is some plugin... but.. no idea..

2. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

Check the default home theme that came with your download. There's code in home.php that will do what you want.

3. utnalove
    Posted 15 years ago #

I checked and found the "home" theme, but it doesn't appear on the list to choose it, is it normal?
    Anyway in its home.php I found something that may be what I am looking for... but I don't know what the rest is, maybe I need the rest as well..

I can see> $blogs = get_last_updated();

Anyway I know almost nothing about php...
    do I have to copy some part of this code to some php of the theme in use?

Thank you for your help

4. utnalove
    Posted 15 years ago #

It's ok, I tried to copy the code everywhere and is working as you can see.

Anyway now I have to try to add the *star* to the titles of the right sidebar... but I cannot find it...

5. utnalove
    Posted 15 years ago #

Now $blogs = get_last_updated(); is working, on the sidebar are shown the latest updated blogs.

I would like to create a page where there are listed all the blogs created, with the title and the links to them. Is there this code ready somewhere?

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by utnalove
  • Latest reply from utnalove