The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Lost password e-mail not going to users (3 posts)

1. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

I have a strange problem. Some users, mainly my test users, can click the lost password link and get the second e-mail which has their new password. However, for the majority of users they get the first containing the link to change their password and then the get the e-mail that is intended for the admin which says that the password for so and so has been changed but they don't get the e-mail with their new password. As far as I can tell it changed after a February update and I didn't change any server settings. I'm stumped any suggestions?

2. samchng
    Posted 17 years ago #

As far as I am concern, my build is definitely after Feb build and it isnt having any such problems. Hmm... Just to let you know, could be something you edited or some settings somewhere that is bugging your MU.

3. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

That is the weird thing. No changes have been made to the server settings. All that was done was an update to MU. The admin account is still being notified when blogs are created. The admin is definitely not being notified when passwords are changed. Where in the code should I look. What logs can I look at to see how the mail is being formatted?

About this Topic