The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

[closed] Wordpress mu 2.7? (175 posts)

1. amigobg
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have problem witch this version.
    Install in root directory and I set to make every registracion in new sub domain.Example make blog on name test and activate on mail.Write test.mydomain.com and i view 404 not fount page.
    Sorry for my bad english.

2. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 15 years ago #

FYI - it's unlikely that the final MU 2.7 will be out before the end of the year. At any other time it probably would but because of the holidays, and other work related pressures on my time I haven't been able to work on MU as much as I like.

If you want to make sure the next release is as bug free as possible, grab the svn version and look at the Trac timeline for bugs you'd like to fix.

You have access to all the same source code I have. Scratch an itch and have a happy Christmas!

3. pbearne
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi all

A request in way of a mod

Can we have a switch(setting) in MU that stops the server trying to make http (or any calls) off the box

I have an MU install behind a firewall through which the sever can not get through and therefor have to go through the plug-ins and core to remove/override/disable all the calls to get the news etc. to stop the admin been very slow as it kepps waiting for time outs!!

Paul

4. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yep, this would be good :)

5. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 15 years ago #

pbearne - probably best to submit that idea to the WordPress trac at http://trac.wordpress.org/

Have you searched for a plugin that does that?

6. maxaud
    Posted 15 years ago #

Great job donncha.
    Look forward to seeing the culmination of your hard work.
    Downloaded the svn version for a few different sites to help test.

Have a good Christmas.

7. shlyapka
    Posted 15 years ago #

Mr. donncha, I know English not good and I do not normaly understand, what you said (were used not simple sentences).
    Can you answer: WordPress MU 2.7 will be out BEFORE of AFTER New Year?

Sorry for my bad English.

8. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

specially for shlyapka:

1. WPMU 2.7 will be released AFTER New Year
    2. English is NOT the most difficult language in the world

Guys, if you plan to communicate on English-languaged forum(s) - why not learn the language?
    We are WPMU-ers here, not linguists ;)

9. shlyapka
    Posted 15 years ago #

VentureMaker, thanks you for answer on my question.

Now I have the other question. Let's see the example:

Mr. Brown installed WordPress MU 2.6.5 and updated it to version 2.7.
    Mr. Green waited for WordPress MU 2.7 out and did fresh install of WordPress MU 2.7.
    Is there the difference between Mr. Brown's and Mr. Green's WordPresses MU 2.7? Are Mr. Brown's WordPress MU 2.7 will works 100% without any errors like Mr. Green's fresh installed (without updates) WordPress MU 2.7?

I was studing in the school with deep learning of English language and I am happy, that I am on 90% understand all English text (when reading it, in writing I am not so good). And I am happy, that you helps me. I am so happpy! I am full of happiness. All my words are written without any dictionary.

10. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

To answer your question, no there's no difference between WPMU 2.7 updated from 2.6.5 and fresh 2.7

11. aravin
    Posted 15 years ago #

When is wpmu 2.7 going to release. Waiting for it.
    First Week of jan 2009 or second week

12. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Aravin, you may want to review the posts in this thread for your answer. Especially the first ten or so on the first page of this thread.

13. xenon2050
    Posted 15 years ago #

It'll be here when it gets here... Sheesh, be patient guys! Its going to be released in January (from the sounds of it) so just be patient and wait until it is.

14. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

We should have put up the money. :)

15. selfmade64856
    Posted 15 years ago #

She'll beeeeeeeeeeee, comin round the mountain when she comes! She'll be comin round the mountain when she comes! ;) Can't wait :)))

16. mikeboy3
    Posted 15 years ago #

Where can I get the SVN version so I can help test it? The link donncha provided requires username and password

17. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

Go to the bottom of the following page and get the ZIP file.

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/browser/trunk

The uesrname and password should work with the same login as this forum anyways though I think.

18. edogawaconan
    Posted 15 years ago #

or the recommended way - using svn

svn co http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-mu/trunk/ wpmu

this way you can update your MU installation easily - just do svn up wpmu to update

http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing/Updating_WordPress_with_Subversion

19. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Which I believe is what the poster said they were doing. And, yes, it requires your wp.org username and password.

The problem with that though, at least I have it, is that what downloads gets places into a /trunk/ subdirectory instead of directly where I want it.

Kind of annoying actually. :(

20. billdennis5
    Posted 15 years ago #

Waiting is.

21. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

@tdjcbe simple really ;)

svn co http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-mu/trunk/ /directory/that/I/want/this/installed/html/

That puts the files where you want them :)

Trent

22. edogawaconan
    Posted 15 years ago #

or run the svn co in the directory you want with location argument . (dot)

cd /directory/that/I/want/this/installed/html/
    svn co http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-mu/trunk/ .

23. Farms
    Posted 15 years ago #

I dunno, it all seems a little imbalanced really if you ask me, there's so many hands working at each wp release and it all seems to fall on Donncha to get wpmu cranked outta it... and the man's gotta be able to take a break (or even, sheesh, do other things).

I know I can't personally be of much help :( But it'd be great to see some support for D in WPMU releases, hired or voluntary.

24. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yes, this exactly.

Anyone who wants to see 2.7 released faster, better go get a copy out of trunk, set it up somewhere and test the heck out of it. The more people who do, especially if we can narrow down bugs and confirm working setups, then the faster we'll get an official release.

25. c2h5oh
    Posted 15 years ago #

Could you please set up Wordpress MU 2.7 milestone in trac (and use milestones in future)?
    I do want to help, but having to find open bugs using timeline makes it not only more difficult but also annoying.

26. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

27. c2h5oh
    Posted 15 years ago #

At the moment I can't even submit tickets - registration is disabled.

28. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

you login there with your credentials from here. And this really should be in a separate thread. :)

29. halles
    Posted 15 years ago #

i have a working setup going on arteconfolklore.com will be public by this weekend... just to let you know, it's running 2 blogs (1 with two subdomains for qtranslate languages) and some plugins: qtranslate 2.0.2, more fields 1.2, cformsII 10.0, privatewp 1.1, and a custom plugin which retrieves and displays first attached image of a post...

Everything is working.

I found a bug tho... when you change the preset dimentions for uploaded pictures (/wp-admin/options-media.php) i used to get an error after updating the values. It might have been caused by not having GD extension installed tho... it happened in my localhost but didin't when i moved it up to the host. If i can reproduce it i'll post it up on trac.

Cheers!

30. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

What was the specific error that you received?

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by xdmx
  • Latest reply from VentureMaker