The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Post Moderation - how to (15 posts)

1. dstanley
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi there,

I would like to be able to pre-moderate all the posts that go into the system. Is it possible to do this?

/Dave

2. dstanley
    Posted 15 years ago #

I know there was a old plugin to do this but I have not seen it recently?

3. dsader
    Posted 15 years ago #

mu-plugin:

<?php
    function ds_moderate_all_posts($post_status) {
    get_current_user();
    	if (!is_site_admin() && $post_status == 'publish') {
    		return 'pending';
    	} else {
    		return $post_status; }
    }
    add_filter('status_save_pre','ds_moderate_all_posts');
    ?>
  4. jskov
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm not a big php guy.... unfortunately.

What does the code above do? I need the same thing with moderating every post that goes in.

Thanks

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

That's exactly what that code does. dsader even said what folder to put it in.

6. jskov
    Posted 15 years ago #

Maybe I am not clear on what is there. I am hoping to moderate any post that any user writes.

I have already put that into the folder. Do the posts that need moderation show up? if so, where?

7. dsader
    Posted 15 years ago #

If the user saving a post is NOT the SiteAdmin change the post status to "Pending Review", otherwise save the post normally if the user is a Site Admin.

Each blog's Post-->Edit menu will list posts at the top of the table:

"All (3) | Pending Review (1) | Drafts (2)"

8. jskov
    Posted 15 years ago #

So an administrator, should be able to moderate any posts that were submitted for any blogs that he/she is a moderator for, correct...

9. dsader
    Posted 15 years ago #

SiteAdmin NOT equal Blog Admin.

Blog admins can simply set users to be less capable using the roles built into WP at Dashboard-->Authors&Users.

The SiteAdmin (listed at SiteAdmin-->Options) is already the moderator for every post in every blog, period, plugin or not. This plugin stops everyone else from approving/publishing posts.

10. jskov
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ah.....

Sorry about my stupidity on that one.

So, next question. Do you (or anyone else listening) know how to set this up so that I can have the site admin, or anyone else I designate, have one place to view ALL of the pending blog posts for the whole site?

That is what I am looking for..... any help is GREATLY appreciated.

-J

11. dsader
    Posted 15 years ago #

I use Donncha's Sitewide Tags plugin to aggregate all posts sitewide:

The Posts-->Edit table of the tags blog shows all posts, including posts Pending Review:
    All (2,507) | Published (2,407) | Pending Review (1) | Drafts (97) | Private (2)

Click the "Preview" link of a Pending Review post as it must still be read/edited/saved in the originating user's blog.

PS, editing a post while still in the tags blog does nothing to the original post.

12. jskov
    Posted 15 years ago #

Perfect. I have seen this plugin mentioned a few times, but it had never sounded like it fit. Gues it does.

Thanks dsader!

13. desandro
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello

I use Donncha's Sitewide Tags.
    Now I would like to moderate all new Posts on the main-blog. Editors can publish their articles on their blog, but on main-blog the articles receive the status "pending review".

Is this possible? And how?

PS: Sorry my bad English.

14. desandro
    Posted 15 years ago #

The gt-post-approval-Plugin in the main-Blog is the key!

15. sjmacit
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi, i was able to apply dsader's plugin along with Donncha's Sitewide Tags plugin to aggregate site-wide posts on the main site. But like desandro, I'd like to allow individual site users to be able to publish freely on their own blogs but have those posts not immediately get posted to the main site (via Sitewide Tags) without main-blog admin's blessing (in other words, have those posts in "pending" mode on main-blog). Please advise on how I can modify dsader's plugin to achieve that objective. Thank you.

16. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

The post above your mentions a plugin for the main blog.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by dstanley
  • Latest reply from andrea_r