The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Creation of blogs and users by 3-rd party script (9 posts)

1. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hey, guys

I need a bit of your attention here :)

I create a blogging system for one of my clients. All blog functionality is maintained by WPMU installation that uses subdomains for users' blogs.
    And of course a bunch of themes and plugins is there ;)

The only different thing is signup. The client uses an e-shop script with affiliate program to track sales and referrers. 1 sale = creation of 1 blog and 1 user for this blog.

And here goes the question. What is the best way to create blogs and users by 3-rd party script?
    I wanted to do that in quite straightforward way - check what tables are to be created in DB and make the script create them. But I feel that I can miss something important here and mess all the good stuff...

What function (WPMU function) should I use to create a new blog and a new user for this blog? Maybe this seems a dumb question, but I'm stuck with it.
    Actually, after the sale is completed in e-shop I should call some function(s) of WPMU and pass variables (username, email, etc). All these variables are present in e-shop DB, so no questions here.
    Everything I need to get some clue in is creation of blogs and user 'from outside'.

Waiting for some guidelines and thanks in advance :)

2. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

bump :)

3. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

OK, found this:

http://codex.wordpress.org/WPMU_Functions/wpmu_create_blog
    http://codex.wordpress.org/WPMU_Functions/wpmu_create_user

Are there any instaructions/references how to use these 2 functions?

4. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hell-l-l-o-o-o-u ;)

5. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

bump...

6. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

First I've seen of this thread. I could have sworn that someone did this and uploaded it to wpmudev.org.

edit: It's been removed from the site but it's still in google cache: Link. The download still works for me.

7. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Oh, thanks. This seems to be a solution.

8. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

It may not be the exact thing you;re doing (I don;t think it is) but ti should get you in the right direction.

9. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

You're right tdjcbe, it's not a 100% ready solution, but it's kinda framework for it :) Thanks again.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by VentureMaker
  • Latest reply from VentureMaker