The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

plugins in mu-folder not working (8 posts)

1. firefly11
    Posted 15 years ago #

hey, so i've tried to add a few regular wordpress plugins to the mu-plugins folder, and they don't seem to be working.

the reason I know they're not working is that the plugins have admin settings menus that don't appear in the backend when i put them in the mu-plugins folder. (they do appear when I put them in the regular plugins folder and activate them)

Am i doing something wrong, or will these just not work sitewide?

2. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

plugins with sub folders don't work in mu-plugins. But usually you can put the plugin.php file directly in mu-plugins and leave the folder intact. The plugin might need edits for the correct paths etc

For example, with WP-Super Cache upload the wp-super-cache folder to mu-plugins then move wp-cache.php out of it and put it in mu-plugins.

3. firefly11
    Posted 15 years ago #

got it, thx!...is there a WPMU version of this: WP_PLUGIN_DIR ?

so I know how to edit for the correct path...

4. firefly11
    Posted 15 years ago #

Also, if a plugin has settings, will they appear in the admin menu and work across all blogs?

5. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

Depends on how you want to use the plugin. If you dont want users to see it, then edit the plugin and move the menu under Site Admin.

6. firefly11
    Posted 15 years ago #

is there an easy way for you to tell me how to move the menu? (I'm only a beginner with php)...:)

7. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

Everything u need to know:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Adding_Administration_Menus

Examine other plugins and see how to do it.

8. firefly11
    Posted 15 years ago #

thanks! I'll do my best...

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by firefly11
  • Latest reply from firefly11