The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Plugin Editor Disabled (8 posts)

1. vlm
    Posted 15 years ago #

I just installed WPMU, everything is fine ... except that our plugin editor is disabled. How to enable?

Thank you kindly!

2. vlm
    Posted 15 years ago #

Responding to my own post ... I found some posts where people explained the risks involved with enabling theme and plugin editing in MU. Makes sense. No further inquiry.

3. bhucker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Can't you just answer the question? How can I follow instructions for installing a plugin if the installation instructions tell me to edit it but the plugin editor is disabled. How do I enable the plugin editor? Of course I can disable it later.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Edit the plugin in notepad before you upload it.

5. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

You really shouldn't be editing plugins code live on your server anyway. One slip or spelling mistake, and you can bring your entire site down.

6. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

...Which is why the editor is disabled. Especially for end users. Had one of my clients actually turn this one for their end users. Three hours later, we were installing the backup from the previous day. Lots of fun.

7. cocalc
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yes we get why we shouldn't. It is bad and it opens up site wide not for just super admins. Still the question is here and all we have gotten was a slap on the wrist saying do not enable that.

What steps are necessary to enable the plugin editor, if there is one available?

8. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Did you look for the plugin editor file and see if there was a die at the top of it?

About this Topic