The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

problems installing to root (6 posts)

1. BinaryMoon
    Posted 15 years ago #

I am trying to install a copy of wordpressmu to demo.blogname.com and it keeps on throwing the following errors...

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant VHOST in /home/blog/public_html/subdomain/wpmu-settings.php on line 34
    No WPMU site defined on this host. If you are the owner of this site, please check Debugging WPMU for further assistance.

The code has been installed fresh; no changes have been made to anything, and no install process has been seen.

However if I move the code into a subfolder on the subdomain I get the install screen as expected. Can anyone help me get it working in the site root please?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Is there another Wordpress install on the same hosting account? I've seen it do this when there is, and it reads the other WP config file.

3. BinaryMoon
    Posted 15 years ago #

there is a normal wordpress account on http://www.blogname.com but not on test.blogname.com (ie not in the subdomain I am installing it in). Currently the only thing in the folder for this subdomain is the wordpress mu install

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yep.

Somewhere buried in there is some stray single-wp code that goes up a directory and looks for a config file if it can't find one where it is.

So the one in blogname.com is interfering.

5. BinaryMoon
    Posted 15 years ago #

oh - that's not good. Thanks for letting me know anyway - hopefully I can work out a solution of some sort...

6. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well, if it's a running blog (like your main one) you probably don't want to disable that config for any length of time. :-/

I think the line is in wp-load somewhere... could comment it out?

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by BinaryMoon
  • Latest reply from andrea_r