The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU Automated registrations issue ! (6 posts)

1. abedz
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello World :)

I don't know where to start from, but as my subject implies, it's all about Automated Registrations

I have a version of wpmu On my website http://wdblogs.com

I have the following issue :

When i enable wpmu user registrations, spammers fill all of my website with their spam content -usually ads of clickbank and amazon-, but i've discovered that they use numbers with their blog names when they sign up, because it is almost a zero possibility of their spam blog name TO BE EXIST on my site, so they will not face any errors during there automated procedure.

what am looking for is a plugin that disables any blog name that contains any numbers !

If there is a similar plugin, please inform me about it so i could get rid of those nasty people.

best regards

2. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

Try WP-HashCash

and renaming your wp-signup.php to something else works alot for me. You won't believe the amount of 404s I get for that file.

3. abedz
    Posted 15 years ago #

thnx klark

I guess that renaming will do the job for the newers, but the old spammers will not give up.
    Wp-hashcash is related to spam comments, am looking for a spam registration blocker.

any suggestions ??

4. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

try akismet, spamkarma2 aka SK2, defensio or montyspam

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

No, the old spammers will not give up. I recently found someone advertising software that blasts a lists of 100 wpmu hosts with new blog signups.

you kind of have to live with it.

renaming that file is the single most helpful thing you can do.
    wp-hascash also work for autosignups.
    Adding an extra field to the signup also works.

6. 1stAngel
    Posted 15 years ago #

great advice and what I was looking for.....thank you :)

About this Topic