The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Cannot Change E-mail Address Under General Settings (7 posts)

1. mjbruder
    Posted 15 years ago #

When users attempt to change the E-mail Address under General Settings for any of the blogs in our WordPress Mu installation they never get the confirmation e-mail. The field states "This address is used for admin purposes. If you change this we will send you an email at your new address to confirm it. The new address will not become active until confirmed."

When someone creates a new blog they get the notification e-mails just fine. I was thinking that it might be a problem with sendmail or something, but that doesn't appear to be the case if Wordpress is sending out e-mail for other stuff. The problem seems to be only on this General Settings area.

2. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

By default WPMU sends emails from wordpress@yourdomain.com
    It's weird, but it's so :)

If you don't have an existing mailbox wordpress@yourdomain.com - then most mail servers will treat messages sent by WPMU as SPAM.

You have 2 ways - create wordpress@yourdomain.com mailbox or change default email from address to some existing one.

Try and see if this helps.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

No, there's a small bug in changing the admin email as well.

4. mjbruder
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks VentureMaker and andrea_r,

I have not seen the issue where it comes from wordpress@yourdomain.com. Where would I change the default e-mail address from inside my WordPress Mu installation? Like I said, my users get the correct e-mail notification when they create a new blog. I just can't get it to send e-mail notifications when they want to change the Admin e-mail address.

andrea_r, do you know if there is a bug report or something on this, or if there is a fix planned for it?

Thanks for any additional insights you can provide.

5. timmy77
    Posted 15 years ago #

As I can see from previous threads that this problem is old, but yet there is no fix!
    I tried many suggestions on how to get it to work, but all failed!
    I read what seems to be a fix for a similar problem in bbpress here:
    http://trac.bbpress.org/ticket/1004
    I'm no expert, so I don't know if it can be applied to wpmu and how!

Can those who have solved this issue for their sites share with us how they did it?

6. josswinn
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm wondering if this 'small bug' that andrea_r refers to still exists. I'm getting no confirmation emails on one install but it's working fine on another.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Okay, we're talking about two separate things here. :)

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by mjbruder
  • Latest reply from andrea_r