The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Issue Of Uploading WP Files (10 posts)

1. successday
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello Admin and/or All Members,

So far, WP files have been unzipped into an empty folder. wp_config-sample.php has been renamed wp_congig.php

The next step says to upload all files. My problem is that I am seeing no option for uploading files to Word Process. Where do I go to upload these files to WP?

Is there a cPanel area for managing files at WP? I will be much obliged to get some assistance for working with WP. Thanks for assisting me!

David Johnson

2. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

Upload the files to the root of the domain. It'll probably be public_html or httpdocs or www or something of the sort. Create the database and set the file permissions as directed in the readme. Then visit the domain to start the install.

Are you sure MU is what you want ? Regular Wordpress is wordpress.org

3. Emmy19
    Posted 14 years ago #

Is there anyway to upload the whole folder of wpmu? When i attempted to upload the file to my htdocs folder on my cpanel it told me the file was too big. So far I have been uploading all files individual is there an easier way to do this?

4. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

It said that the zip/gz file was too big?

5. thehermit
    Posted 14 years ago #

Quick answer, learn to FTP your files.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Upload the zip via ftp, then extract it with cpanel.

7. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Depending on your host, a basic CPanel install does not support zip files. You may want to use the *.taz.gz version of the wpmu download. That file type is something CPanel supports right out of the box.

8. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

or unzip locally into a directory and then use a good FTP tool (or sftp) to move all those files into the root directory on your server

9. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"a basic CPanel install does not support zip files"

Every one I've seen does. Click on the file name and it says "extract file" shows on the list. Sometimes it just says "show file" but putting the word extract in the same URL does it.

(course I'm looking at the legacy file manager)

10. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yup, all I see none do extrack zip. Example: James/ edublogs. One reason me like Direct Admin. Probably see zip as one of the first items to deal with with new install on many checklists.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by successday
  • Latest reply from tdjcbe