The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Can I do this with WordPress MU ? (7 posts)

1. palmerUSA
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi everybody ! this is my first post ....
    :)
    My name is Pavel

I'm planing to run web portal for Polish community in Florida and I'll would like do it using WPMU.
    Portal will have few different "chapters" like news, sport, auto-moto, health .... Each "chapter" will be separate blog and user will be able to switch between "chapters" using main navigation menu.
    (I'll create subfolders for each chapter : myblog.com/sport myblog.com/health myblog.com/auto )
    I'm wondering what will happened if user would like to post a comment under different "chapters"
    Let's say "sport" is separate blog - so if user would like post a comment, He have to register under "sport" blog.
    What if this same user would like also post a comment under "health" ??? Does he has to register again under "health" blog OR registration will be done automatically for other blogs (chapters) ????

I hope I'll get it clear :)
    If not please ask questions

...sorry for my bad english

best regards !
    Pavel

2. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

A single user can be 'associated' with any amount of blogs.

3. xenon2050
    Posted 15 years ago #

First off, your english is fine. :)
    Secondly I believe that what you want can be done.
    The navigation part would be very simple and I'm guessing there is a plugin out there that will add the user to all the blogs, but I'm not sure about that point.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

If they register at the main bog, they don't have to register at any of the sub-blogs, if you want them logged in.

"(I'll create subfolders for each chapter : myblog.com/sport myblog.com/health myblog.com/auto )"

pick the subfolder option on install and you don;t have to make the actual folders.

5. xenon2050
    Posted 15 years ago #

Venture - I think his question is more like if I went to his site and registered under the sports location how can he make it so that when I go to health I can comment, with the same user, under there as well.

6. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yeah, got that now :) Again, we're in a good mood today - 5 replies within 5 minutes :))

7. palmerUSA
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thank you for quick reply !:)

xenon2050 - you figure out essence of my question perfectly !

:)
    If only I could do this ...will be great ! Otherwise I have to disable user registration and allow free comments

p.s.
    Can I use different database for each blog "sport/health/auto-moto) or it has to be done within one database ?
    I would like do it with separate database because my host allow me only create DB up to 100mb and I'm afraid that 100mb will be too small capacity for whole portal.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by palmerUSA
  • Latest reply from palmerUSA