The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

how to forbid user to moderate comments to others posts? (4 posts)

1. debrouille
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hello,

is there a way to set WPMU / WordPress, or enhance it, in such a way that if a user has been authorised to use the WP-capability 'moderate comments', it will only be able to moderate comments on his posts, and not on others posts?

BTW: why can a user see the 'Manage > Awaiting moderation (<hier the number of all comments to moderate>)' menu point, even if she was not authorized to moderate comments (this page then always says "Currently there are no comments for you to moderate.", even if the menu point said, there are some...)? And he will still see the comments on others posts under 'Manage > Comments'...

I'd be very please if someone could help me, even a little idea would be great. I searched the forum for help, but didn't find anything on this point.

2. debrouille
    Posted 17 years ago #

ermmm. is there anybody able to help me here?
    Is it so obvious? Do i miss a simple thing?
    I can't imagine that it is ment in WP that users can moderate other's posts comments!?

Any hint would be very nice.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

If they are both users on one blog, then yes, WP is set up that way. I know people have asked for workaround in the WP forums, don't remember what, if anything, was the workaround.

4. debrouille
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks for your answer.
    I couldn't find posts on this topic on the forum. In case of you would remember where you found some posts and those workarounds, i'd be very pleased if you could let me know!

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by debrouille
  • Latest reply from debrouille