The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Multi-lingual Multisite Installation & management Sharing the same user database (3 posts)

1. deeblock
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello guys!
    I've been trying WPMU for the past couple of days and it looks great so far.A big "Thank you" for the WPMU team for giving this great tool to the world for free.
    I have this issue . I've scouted around for multi-lingual plugins on WPMU and found many which are good but I dunno yet if that's what I need in my case.
    I intend to host my site in 2 languages , and to allow for pure bilingualism , I'd like to have , say, create 2 subdomains for both languages (english & french) : en.domain.com & fr.domain.com .
    But the catch here is that users would be able to choose their default language and access their blogs are user1.domain.com , user2.domain.com .
    This would mean that both subdomains for the 2 languages would point share a common user database .

Does anyone here have any suggestions as to how to go about with this issue?
    Your feedbacks would be highly appreciated .
    Thanks in advance .
    DeeBlock

2. deeblock
    Posted 15 years ago #

The reason I choose to use 2 subdomains is so that i can have 2 completely separate installation ( eng & french ) of wpmu to serve the users . This will ensure better bilingualism . More like having yahoo.com & yahoo.fr.
    Using the .mo & .po language files doesn't fully satisfy my needs since the translations are not complete.
    Would it also be possible to manage both contents in one system admin panel ?
    Thanks .

3. halles
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have setup wpmu bilingual... but i don't quite understand what you need...

i might help ;)

About this Topic