The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Sub-Domains and directories in one install (7 posts)

1. mikeboy3
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi, Is it possible to have a couple of blogs with a sub-domain like blog1.domain.com and all the others as a directory domain.com/blog2

This is because I have some blogs that maintained by our crew and the rest are user created and we need to separate them.

2. mikeboy3
    Posted 15 years ago #

I see that it is not possible to do this, but what solution could there be? several sub-domain WP installations + wpmu with directories.

How do I integrate them then? I am really trying to come up with something here...

3. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

What's your main reason to have such an extraordinary install?

4. mikeboy3
    Posted 15 years ago #

The thing is that I want to offer my users a directory blog, but I need to have a couple of personal blogs as subdomains. I could do it with 2 installs of wpmu, but this would not allow me to integrate them and be able to use the sitewide tags plugin. Do you see what I mean?

(I need only have one homepage that displays the posts from sub-domain blogs and directory blogs) and a way to separate them.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Why not just offer users subdomain blogs?

6. mikeboy3
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yes, I guess that is what Ill have to do. Thanks

7. mikeboy3
    Posted 15 years ago #

I found a partial solution to this for anyone interested.

http://justintadlock.com/archives/2008/09/20/installing-two-wordpress-blogs-with-the-same-users

there is a way to share users, so technically, you can have subdomain WP 2.7 blogs set up alongside a WPmu 2.7 directory blogs, same users, same posters. Now to try it, I don't know if wpmu wold be able to index the posts

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by mikeboy3
  • Latest reply from mikeboy3