The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

LDAP plugin and AD Integration issues (2 posts)

1. nightyear
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello,

I just got the LDAP plugin working where it auths against Active Directory successfully. The problem is that it works inconsistently, sometimes throwing an "ERROR: Account creation from LDAP failed" message. I've made sure that each account has a unique email address and user info, and that the account I'm using to browse the tree has rights to those users/containers. The AD controller itself is really lightly utilized, so I don't see contention being the issue.

I'm not seeing anything in the system logs on the wordpress hosting system, nor can I see any failed auth info on the AD controller, and I've made sure the Windows local security policies are set to log everything, failure or success.

Is there a way I can tweak the logging on the linux/wordpress side so that it'll show me a bit more about what's going on?

Thanks,
    Jason Beatty

2. axelseaa
    Posted 15 years ago #

This is either because the username your pulling from AD does not have a valid email - or because the user your logging in with is using the same email that is set for the site admin. Wordpress only allows an email address to be associated with a single account.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by nightyear
  • Latest reply from axelseaa