The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

blogbar.dk (16 posts)

1. stutley
    Posted 17 years ago #

I just launched the beta-version of http://blogbar.dk. To my knowledge, it's the first fully Danish bloghosting-service based on WPMU.

Frontend, backend and all themes have been translated into Danish. Also, I've been doing some heavy CSS-editing to change the overall look of the admin-area.

By the way: blogbar in Danish can mean two things. Firstly "bar" is like a regular bar - you meet people, interact. Secondly, adding "bar" to blog translates into something like "blogable" :)

2. Silkjaer
    Posted 17 years ago #

Nice :) Den tror jeg jeg vil besøge ;)

3. stutley
    Posted 17 years ago #

Du er velkommen ;)

(Danish comments :)

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Nifty wordplay, evern though I don't speak Danish. :) Nice & clean main page too.

5. AndWat
    Posted 17 years ago #

"To my knowledge, it's the first fully Danish bloghosting-service based on WPMU." It's certainly the first one announced in this forum! Looks good!

6. stutley
    Posted 17 years ago #

Just wanted to update.

I launched a new look for the site.

I custom-made an entire new theme with the exact functions that I wanted. It's all CSS and it has integrated login and signup.

Let me know what you think ;)

7. samchng
    Posted 17 years ago #

Much better than before. Neat and slick layout. Cool dude!

I like to know how you got your page to load with contents on left and title/date on the right. That's pretty neat man! :)

8. stutley
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks very much :)

Basically it's just placing the content-div to the left and the post-list-div to the right using CSS positioning.

It's not extremely clean code, but if you want to have a look, I can email you the source ;)

9. samchng
    Posted 17 years ago #

Sure please do, would love to take a look. Thanks a lot! sam at ziire.com

Also I tried to sign up for a blog to see your admin panels. Pretty neat too. See you changed your styles. :)

Oh yes, when a new blog is created the first post is not a HelloWorld post, it is an input box with a SOG button. Can't read Danish can you explain more? Thanks.

10. stutley
    Posted 17 years ago #

I just changed the signup-process so new blogs doesn't have a new post at all. So when you view a newly created blog it just returns the default Not Found-page (Ikke Fundet).

11. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

okay, that is a really pretty colour scheme. I like it. :) Can't read a word, but I like it, so well done!

12. stutley
    Posted 17 years ago #

Just strutting my stuff once again :)

I just completed a "redesign" of the main blog in an effort to increase conversion rates. Also, I managed to get bbPress up and running with a style that is somewhat similar to the main blogs theme.

The best new feat, I think, is the option to sign up for a blog directly from the frontpage. If the user is logged in, however, the "get-another-blog"-form is displayed.

I think that is pretty cool :)

Main Blog
    bbPress Forum

13. myteatro
    Posted 17 years ago #

Compliments, Stutley!

Would you mind making your Danish translation available for those who are running / working on a multilingual site?

I would appreciate that...

14. stutley
    Posted 17 years ago #

I already made my .po file available in this thread:

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=913&replies=2

Although, it's not 100% complete, it also includes translated strings for bbPress ;)

15. myteatro
    Posted 17 years ago #

wo0ow, excellent :)

Thank you!

16. myteatro
    Posted 17 years ago #

From my understanding a multilingual single installation of wpmu should make sense as well as a coexisting bbpress installation sharing the same db...

however on the other hand I believe that a multilingual bbpress would only make sense with separate bbpress installs with multiple language-specific bbpress tables such as bbpress_table1_en, bbpress_table1_dk, etc.

any ideas?

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by stutley
  • Latest reply from myteatro